Thursday, June 26, 2008

Voronin makes Liverpool pledge

Andrei Voronin is determined to prove his quality for Liverpool Football Club next season. The Ukrainian international had a hit-and-miss debut season on Merseyside following his free transfer from Bayer Leverkusen last summer, but he is eager to make an impression next term. "I think I started not bad," Voronin told LFC magazine. "I played a lot at the beginning and scored a few goals. Obviously the injury was a setback. There are a lot of good players here. It's competitive, so it's difficult to get straight back into the team after an injury. "I'll do my best next season and hopefully I can help the team. I think I still have a lot to show the fans. When I first arrived here I didn't find it easy because I'd lived in Germany for 12 years. "I didn't know the language but I'm gradually getting there. My wife had a baby here and, thank God, everything was okay. So I am getting more and more used to life here everyday. "We are feeling much better than six or seven months ago. We like it here and don't have any problems with life in England or the town - except for the weather!"

Andriy Voronin is relishing the prospect of his second season with Liverpool and has promised supporters that his best is still to come.
The Ukraine international admits that he did not feature as much as he would have liked during his debut campaign at Anfield but insists that he is now happy with life in England and determined to show the club’s supporters just what he can do.
“When I first arrived here I didn’t find it easy because I’d lived in Germany for 12 years,” he said.
“I didn’t know the language but I’m gradually getting there.
“My wife had a baby here and, thank god, everything was okay. So I am getting more and more used to life here everyday.
“We are feeling much better than six or seven months ago. When we have time we go into town. We like it here and don’t have any problems with life in England or the town – except for the weather.”
Voronin feels he made an impressive start to his Liverpool career but added: “Obviously the injury was a setback. There are a lot of good players here. It’s competitive, so it’s difficult to get straight back into the team after an injury.
“I’ll do my best next season and hopefully I can help the team. I think I still have a lot to show the fans.”

No comments: