Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Liverpool target Chiellini unsettled at Juventus

Liverpool target Giorgio Chiellini admits he's unsure of his future at Juventus.
"No one has called me or tried to contact me," he revealed. "They have focused on renewing the contracts of the important players and this is logical.
"However, they haven't considered the players who gave their all to bring the team back to the First Division. I believe I might risk playing only 30 per cent of next year's matches and I cannot agree to this.
"I have plenty of opportunities, but I only hope someone will call me to explain what the plan is. Unfortunately no one has done this so far."
Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez sees Chiellini as an alternative target to Manchester United defender Gaby Heinze.
The agent of Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini admits a move to Liverpool would appeal to the Italy U21 captain.
Davide Lippi said: "It is obvious that if there's limited first team opportunities next season, then other options will have to be investigated.
"I am sure if something official came from Liverpool, it would be a tempting solution."

No comments: