Wednesday, June 13, 2007

GERRARD NEEDS A BREAK



Steven Gerrard has confessed he is desperate for a rest after two years of near constant football.
The World Cup denied Gerrard a break last summer, and the Liverpool skipper admits he is feeling the effects after another gruelling domestic season. "I desperately need a rest, it's as simple as that. I'm worn out," he said. "Two and a half weeks off after the World Cup wasn't enough to prepare for a hectic season which included going all the way in the Champions League final and playing for England. "It's been a difficult season for me, but I'm getting married next week and I've got four weeks to try and put my feet up. "The international players get an extra week and I've got to make the most of it to make sure I'm in good shape for the new season. "Demands on players at the highest level can be excessive. It's a no-win situation because the more success you have the more games you have to play. "But it's going to be a big season next year for club and country. Domestically Liverpool have to improve and for England we have to build on recent performances and make sure we qualify for Euro 2008."

No comments: