Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Giuly will not leave Barcelona


Ludovic Giuly will snub Celtic, Spurs, Newcastle, Liverpool and a host of other top European clubs and stay at Barcelona next season.The 30-year-old French winger had been linked with a number of clubs and his father was even quoted as saying his son was '80 per cent certain' to leave the Spanish runners-up. However, Giuly later said that his father had been misquoted and he will stay at the Nou Camp until at least the end of his current deal, which expires at the end of next season.He told RMC Info: 'I read that and I called my father, but he said to me that it was not what he had said. At the present time, I have a contract for another year in Barcelona and I want to stay in Barcelona.'I will see the directors and we will see what they offer me, since only I can decide - and I want to remain in Barcelona. If that is what I desire, nobody will be able to transfer me.'Giuly, who has been capped 17 times by the French national side, had also been linked with Newcastle, Liverpool and Spurs. While Giuly is a top player, he turns 31 next month and his wage demands may have been excessive.

No comments: